Saturday, October 5, 2013

My Own Words As My Guide

I wrote my last blog entry about being flexible.  I explained how one must be open to what one is asked to do, even if it is something about which one knows nothing.  I suggested that even if you're convinced that you're inexperienced, you should embrace what you're requested to do.

The very next day after I wrote that blog post, I was called out on my own words.  The Director of Student Life at school came to my desk in my classroom.  He told me that he would like me to think about co-coaching basketball this winter.

In my honest opinion, I am hardly the person best suited to this task, a conclusion with which, I am fairly certain, many people would agree.  However, I have been asked to co-coach basketball this year.  Therefore, I will be coaching basketball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment